April 15, 2020
We understand the importance of sharing current and vital information with our residents, family members, partners and team members. We wish to inform you that we do not have any residents or team members at this time with COVID-19.
Providing for the safety and well-being of our residents and staff is our paramount priority. Here are some of the steps we have taken thus far:
· Residents are being screened daily for signs and symptoms of COVID-19 or other respiratory illness.
· All team members are being screened upon arriving at The Blake. Any team member with fever, cough, sore throat or shortness of breath will be sent home. All team members are wearing masks while at The Blake.
· Visitation is restricted except for certain compassionate care situations. Volunteers and non-essential healthcare personnel have been asked to reschedule their visits. Onsite tours and new admissions are not allowed.
· All group activities and communal dining are cancelled at this time. We continue to offer enticing menu options and are ensuring that residents remain engaged through creative approaches to individualized activities.
· All residents and team members have been instructed about effective handwashing and infection control procedures, and we have increased our cleaning protocols and the availability of hand sanitizer.
We are happy to report that our core values of joy and compassion are still very much a part of life in our community. We hope that you are enjoying some of these experiences via our Facebook page, FaceTime, Heart Legacy videos and Skype. Our team is happy to assist our residents in connecting with their loved ones using these options.
We thank you for your support, kind words and for reaching out to our residents to assure them that they are loved and missed during these challenging times. Please contact me at (423) 246-1100 if you have any questions or concerns.
We will also be posting updates at www.qslmanagement.com/tbak-covid